Monday, December 29, 2014

Bedroom 2 Remodel

The bedrooms in this house were in decent shape. This one had really bad paneling on one wall, bad windows, and a really dated 1970's style ceiling fan.
 



The first step was to gut the room completely. The window was replaced by a contractor when the outside of the house was redone.

The rest I did myself. The paneling came down, the doors, all the electrical components were pulled as well. I love it when people paint the walls before putting up paneling.
 The cable was retrofitted in the house. The wired previously popped right out of the floor. I fixed that properly.

After it was gutted, and the little things were taken care of, it was just a matter of wall texture, paint, new doors, and putting all the electrics back in. I added a switch by the closet doors for the closet light. I also added a closet organizer.

The closet door was the last thing to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment